PRIVACY & LEGAL POLICIES
- that you can browse our website without providing personal information
- what personal information we collect, use and disclose in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (for specific services like news alerts),
- You can browse our website without providing personal information
You can access and browse our site without disclosing your personal information. We do not automatically record personal information and we do not link information that is recorded automatically with personal information about specific individuals. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to give us personal information.
We automatically record some non-personal information.
If you visit our website to read or download information, we automatically record some non-personal statistical information, including:
- the type of browser you use
- the type of operating system you use
- the screen resolution of your PC
- the date and time you access our site
- the pages you have accessed, the links clicked on, and the documents downloaded
- the internet address from which you accessed our site (i.e. IP address)
- the search terms you used to find content on our website, and
- the last site you visited from which you accessed any SmartClad website
Pukepine Sawmills Ltd also uses the Google Analytics tool to collect and view non-personal visitor statistics so we can:
- discover what information is most and least used
- determine technical design specifications, and
- help make our site more useful to visitors.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form – that is, cookies do not collect personal information.
- for managing subscriptions to news alerts to ensure that only you can change your subscriptions
- wherever a “math question” or other CAPTCHA is used to prevent automated spam submissions
- to remember the options you selected when using a mobile device
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. Disabling cookies will not stop you from using the SmartCladTM website but it will mean that you will not get the improved browsing experiences that the cookies enable.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you:
- Fill in an online form
- Subscribe to a service (such as news releases, or correspond with us. For example, when you sign up to receive news releases or media reports, we will collect your email address, or when you fill in the contact us form.
- Subscribing to a service. If you subscribe to a service through this website, we record your email address in a database. We use your email address only for the purpose of sending you the service. We will not disclose your email address to any third parties.Subscribing to news releases or incident alerts implies that you have given your consent to receive emails from us, as defined in the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 (link is external). You can unsubscribe at any time by visiting the subscription page for the service you wish to terminate, and following the unsubscribe process.
What is your personal information used for?
If you choose to provide personal information when adding material to the website, it may be viewable by site administrators, certain staff and contractors (including third parties) providing administration or other services relating to the website. Pukepine Sawmills Ltd does not currently run on-line forums or similar user-generated discussion sites viewable by members of the public, but in any case please do not transmit personal information of a sensitive nature through this website.
We only use your personal information for the purpose specified at the point of collection (for example, to email a news release to you).
We will not give your personal information to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect that information of that kind is usually passed on to those organisations (for example, companies providing services such as web hosting to Pukepine Sawmills Ltd)
- it is otherwise required or authorised by the Privacy Act or any other law (for example, to prevent offending, for law enforcement ,or to prevent or lessen a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety)
- it will be used in a way that will not identify you (for example, statistical or research purposes).
Rights of access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to Pukepine Sawmills Ltd in connection with your use of this website. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that Pukepine Sawmills Ltd has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. Pukepine Sawmills Ltd will require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Photography & Content
Please do not republish or represent any photography or content used in this web site without our express permission to do so.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Pukepine Sawmills Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Pukepine Sawmills via our contact form on this site.